Why So Serious?
Photobucket



Thursday, August 21, 2008,

一个字,爽!

In case you are wondering why am I not updating for the past week, I was busy mugging. Exam just ended as of today.

Have not been sleeping well, body clock was fucked left right center upside down. Sleep >3am, wake up >12pm, only had 1 meal a day (dinner). Cannot like this lah... my food intake so high, absolutely tormenting.

I got less than a week to rest before heading to Suntec and battle for sales - IT Show.

I am going to do a analysis base on a random topic - EMO

Ever wondered how the term was derived? I bet most of you don't. Monkey see monkey do, abit sad la.

Emo has been identified as a subculture by various media sources and books, it is also often associated with a certain fashion; although it is unclear as to whether the contemporary fashion directly emerged from Emo music's original fashion image or whether Emo was ever identified with any particular clothing, since the mid-80's.

Today, however, the term "emo" is sometimes stereotyped with tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts which often bear the names of emo bands, studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old) and thick, black thick rimmed glass.

Emo fashion has changed with time. Early trends included straight, unparted hair, tightly fitting sweaters, button-down shirts, and work jackets. This fashion has at times been characterized as a fad or what Singaporean always call, chao ah-beng.

Coincidentally, one of my friend certainly fit into this category. He fulfilled every single requirement. I hope he don't see this =X

To summarize Singaporean mind context:
  • Guy with long hair - emo
  • Guy wear skinny jeans - ah beng or emo
  • Guy wear cardigan - ah beng
  • Guy with gold hair - ah beng
  • Anything to do with black - emo

The term emo was also used as a stereotype for being emotional, sensitive, shy or introvert. The more extreme ones would be depression, self-injury and suicide.

So next time when you fall out of love and tried to do something related to self-injury or suicide, please follow the instruction below.

When you try to cut yourself, please go vertical instead of horizontal.
Afterall, ever wonder who is the father of emo?

All HAIL HITLER!
Oh shit, I did a word count on the number of "emo" that have appeared in this post excluding the ones in the photo, it was 12. Fuck, now 13...

10:14 PM